We finally have some nice weather! All the water and flooding has made spraying a bit of a challenge but it is now d.o.n.e. Clint got his casts off. After eight weeks in them it was finally time. His wrists are stiff but slowly feeling better. I am officially scheduled to go down to California to see a physical therapist that specializes in PT for the pelvis. After trying everything, googling everything, and talking to a lot of people I found a list off all of my symptoms and they all are related to a busted up tailbone and sacroiliac joints. Once I get these areas stratiened out the rest will follow and all my headaches, back pain, hip pain, leg pain, neck pain, etc will resolve as my body heals. I came off a sled in junior high and landed hard on a icey hill that was notorious for causing a few broken bones. I have had problems since then but never really related it to this for one reason or another. I am so excited to say that the dots are all connecting and the I's are all being dotted now! I can't wait to feel good again!! This PT may even be able to solve my IBS problems. My friend Kate and I will be going down to Irvine CA on Saturday August 27th and I will be there for a week. The day can not come soon enough.
We finished that branding the last of the calves. Everett is a big fan of all this work and all of his play closely resembles jobs from around the ranch. He has several funny Everettisms. The most recent one was when Clint and Everett were rough houseing on the living room floor and Everett grabbed the stick portion of his stick horse and put it to Clint's leg and said "gonna piss on you". Translation: when we play brand we make the "pssssss" sound and beller. Instead of calling it branding, Everett calls it pissing.
My Burr Oak it doing amazing. I love it!
This is the textured bark that they get.
I hopped in the shower the other morning while Scarlett napped and came out to find Everett had dumped oatmeal out all over the floor. Apparently he can now open the childproof clips that are on the pantry cupboard.
We build the pen and graveled in the shelter for Buttercup and Baby. The kids were huge helpers and we discovered that Scarlett enjoys dirt and mud as much as her brother did.
Scarlett doesn't have any teeth yet but she drools and chews on everthing like she could get one any day now. This last week she has mastered clapping, growling, and she does an army crawl/crawl/downward facing dog combination that is precious. She is getting pretty mobile in other words...let the games begin!
We had a wind storm the other evening while we were away visiting our friends and their new baby. When we came home we were surprised to see the wind actually lifted the playhouse off the ground, moved it several feet and tipped it on it's side. The swing set part was trashed but we were able to set it back up, BOLT it to some heavy duty posts that are now in the ground, and we will rebuild the broken parts. Everett kept walking around it saying "oh, no" and "brokn".
Our friend, Eric Mack, got married this last weekend up in Lewistown so we road tripped up there for the wedding. We left the kids with a sitter and ended up having a great time. It was beautiful and laid back and perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment