Thursday, December 8, 2011

Meet Jack-o...Not to be confused with Jackie-O...

We have a new terror in the house and he rivals Everett and Scarlett when it comes to making a mess and requiring supervision. His name is Jack and he is our Labrador looking Border Collie. He is almost all black. Black Jack:) It is a good thing for Clint that I can't resist a puppy because I kinda get the raw end of the cow dog deal. I have the puppy with me until he is old enough to be potty trained, stay out of the way and listen to the basic commands. You can do the math but that leaves me to do the potty training, command teaching, and puppyism dealings to me. Bugger. The good part to getting in some influence while they are young is that they listen to me too when they get bigger. Hank, Clint's first Border Collie, didn't listen to me at all since I wasn't around him much as a pup. One day when we were working cows in Custer Clint asked me to put Hank in the pen to keep him from getting the cows excited. I proceeded to "try" and do this. Hank wouldn't come when I called him so I grabbed him by the collar and tried to guide him by the collar. Hank went pulled back and howled like I was killing him. I had to drag the weight of him resisting me and howling the entire length of the driveway. I think Clint even had to help me to get him through the doorway of the pen he was fighting me so hard. Clint thought it was hilarious. I was less than impressed with the dog. When we got Morgan I actually go to pick him out so I was in on things from the very beginning and he listened to me too. Here is Jack!
 We started out playing ball.
 Then he got a hold of Everett's string.

 Then Everett's pant leg.
 Then his chew toy.
 Then Everett decided it would he a good idea to get his trusty horse George.
 Jack thought is was great fun.

 Everett thought it was great fun too.


 Until Jack tripped him and got death grip on George's mane.
We all went to Midland Implement the other day to visit Santa.  This is the first year that Everett has really understood or been excited about Christmas and presents and such.  When we got there he was pretty shy of Santa though and refused to go sit on his lap eventhough this Santa was riding on a Gater.  So we went to look at tractors instead.  As we browsed Everett apparently found something that he had to have because all of a sudden Everett was up on the gater next to Santa pointing at the tractor he had in his hand and telling him that it was the one he wanted.  You have to admit the boy has a point; why just tell Santa what you want when you can pick something out and show him!!!  It was sooo cute.  I had my camera and took several pictures of the whole thing but managed to forget my memory card in the computer at home. BLAST how I hate that!!

No comments: