Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Slowly but surely...

Alexa overseeing things going on around the house. Everett watching from his dirt pile. This thing is oh so ugly in the yard, but oh so fun for the kids to play on, slide down, throw from, and dig in.
Ash trees making progress in our tree line. Our whole tree line has done pretty great this year with the exception of the Red Cedars. We put in some drip lines and some of them have been making a come back. We will be trying junipers after giving them a bit more time to prove themselves.
A cousin brought by a couple willow bushes the other night. They look great and the tag said "hardy" right on it! Always a good label when planting anything out here. I hope these do better than my dwarf burning bush that was dead, dead, dead. I am starting to think the fall is a better time to plant out here so the plants can miss the hot season and the grasshoppers that eat everything.This is a hybrid poplar that I ordered online. It is supposed to have impressively fast growth. It looked dead when it arrived on one of the hottest days of the year but has managed to come back after a little TLC. I will be excited to see what this little guy will do.
Costco had an amazing sale on blue spruces so we added eight of them to our herd.
I found a all wood dresser on Craig's List for $30 big ones and it got moved into Everett's room for all the little girls clothes. It needs a little sprucing up, but for now it is great! Everett's toy box also got a home in his room since I couldn't stand all the toys being in the living room anymore. It is working pretty slick so far.
YAY for hand me downs. This is my huge mound of baby girl clothes that were handed down to me. I sat in the living room cross legged on the floor for a good 4 or 5 hours sorting through all these clothes.
Everett helped by modeling any hats that showed up in the bags. I got several good belly laughs out of the entertainment.
Piles of clothes.


Another slowly but surely project I have been working on is painting. It may be more of an obsession than a project at this point. The last couple pictures show my new accent wall that I love. It is called Stone Hearth and it is a deep chocolate brown. I have been going through samples of colors trying to find one that looks delicious with the carpet, cabinets, wood floors, and furniture. This has proven to be harder than it seemed though. I have gone from blue to yellow, to green, back to yellow and then still thinking about green. I have a yellow that I like but I want to try one more green sample for comparison. I am getting close. Clint is being very patient and indulging me with the ever changing walls and stops at the paint store! What a great hubby I have:)

No comments: