Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Long night...
Last night, at 35 weeks and 5 days, I started contracting. They progressively got more and more painful. I did everything a L&D nurse does to stop them but they just kept progressing. I had had my 35 week appointment last Wednesday and had my cervix checked for the first time. Then is was already 3cm dilated (external oss) and about 50% effaced or thinned out. The contractions started last night about 5:45pm. At about 11:00 when I tried to lie down and go to sleep they got very intense and I started to feel nauseated (a very common thing with true labor). We went to the hospital where they got progressively worse. I had some bloody show, was very uncomfortable, had elevated blood pressures, and was contracting every 1-2 minutes with a few spots that would space out and give me a 4 minute break. Not fun. My cervix hadn't changed from last weeks check when I first got to the hospital but it did progress from 50 to 70% effacement and now an internal oss of 3 as well (internal oss was 1.5). I am far enough along that they wont try to stop my labor if I go because baby has a good chance she wont have any trouble out of the uterus at this point and I am past the point when steriods would be given to help her lungs mature. I was given a shot (or actually two) of Morphine and Phenergen which would either help me relax enough that my cervix would go ahead and change quickly or it would knock down the contractions. Either way I would be more comfortable. I fell asleep and it knocked down the contractions! They sent me home about 4am and I slept until almost 11:00. It felt so good. I am still contracting every once and a while especially if I get up and move around but they are nothing like they were. I have to go in tomorrow and have my blood pressure checked and then I work on Thursday. Here is to each day I can keep her in and hopefully she wont decide to come that Thursday I work since Clint will be busy shipping calves that day and then preg testing the next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yikes! She's almost cooked! Can't wait to see pictures of her
Post a Comment