Sunday, November 14, 2010
Belly update...
Well since the last post at 35 weeks and 5 days I have been into triage again, had a couple doctors visits, contracted A LOT, and been on high alert 24/7, but still no baby. At my 36 week visit my doctor checked my cervix and I proceeded to bang out crampy contractions every minute or two for the next several hours. This landed me in triage for a second time but to my disappointment and after all that they petered out and weren't strong enough to cause cervical change. Technically you aren't in labor if the contractions aren't strong enough to cause cervical change. I have always felt sorry for the girls that come in and are clearly in pain and very uncomfortable but their cervix isn't changing. Lucky me, I get to be one of those girls now. I have continued to contract a lot since then, some braxton hicks and some a little on the crampy side. I am getting tired of them to say the least. At my 37 week visit (I was super happy to make it to term with her still in, despite the contracting) my cervix was the same at the week before when I had been in triage...90% effaced and 4cm dilated. Which means very thin and quite a ways dilated already. Why these uncomfortable contractions don't send me over that edge and into actual labor any moment now is beyond me and this may be the longest latent phase of labor ever recorded. So here I sit hoping and praying that today might be the day...still sitting and waiting...and still waiting...and waiting some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment