I asked to go strait days at work and more or less got it!! I may have to work a few nights but that is totally manageable. I had a rough weekend at work with a patient we were inducing for a 37 week fetal demise (a term baby that had died). We dont know why she lost her baby. The fetus was a beautiful little girl. After delivery she hemorrhaged and progressed into borderline DIC which can quickly become fatal if not managed properly. I sat at her bedside for hours monitoring her bleeding, BP, pulse, and neurological status while I did a mass transfusion of PRBCs, FFP, and cryo. She was looking like she was going to be going to the ICU for a quite a while but was able to maintain her vital signs and never had to transfer. She was a trooper. I bruised her belly from so much fundal message...as if she hadn't already been through enough! She did finally turn the corner and was doing great (physically) when I was her nurse again the next night. This patient will forever be in my thoughts. After that night of hard work the doctor wrote a letter to our manager saying what a great job me and my charge nurse, Julia, did and how the patients great outcome was no doubt due to our amazing and fast care! It feels great to be appreciated especially since I felt like collapsing on more than one occasion that night. I was EXHAUSTED.
Speaking of turning the corner...I am feeling much better myself. I have become a firm believer in the benefits of acupunture and chiropractic. I have seen about 5 chiropractors. This new one being my fifth. He is amazing. He is done so much more than the others. His name is Dr. Larson and I have been headache free since he first adjusted me. Which is great since I have had a headache every day for over a year now (despite seeing other chiropractors this entire time). He is the first doctor to look at my back and tell me strait up that no amount of activator adjustments were going to straiten things out for me. The activator is the tool the other chiropractors were using on me. I still have a ways to go but with regular adjustments and working on my posture I will see good results! I am so excited:) He also did other tests the other doctors didn't do which makes me believe in his credibility. He diagnosed me with a hiatal hernia which we are going to get fixed as well and may be part of my stomach problems. The acupunturist is helping release my very tight muscles that have gotten so tight because of all the overcompensating they have been doing for my out of alignment neck and pelvis. So Yippee! -insert happy dance here-


No comments:
Post a Comment