Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Updates...

   A lot has happened that last few weeks.  On April 12th Clint came off his horse and broke both his arms, bruised the heck out of his lef and his ribs.  He became very high maintenance at this point requiring me to bath him, position pillows all around him, and dress him.  Thankfully finger foods he was able to do on his own.  He was in a lot of pain.  Thankfully after a couple weeks the pain lessened and he was able to do more and more on his own including showering with calving gloves.  He went to the doctor just today for a follow up visit.  We had our fingers crossed that he would get one cast off so he could atleast pickup Scarlett.  But the orders are for another four weeks!  Booooo!  It has been a very trying time for all of us.  Clint has been either in pain or getting stir crazy.  Mike has been horribly short handed.  The kids haven't been able to play with their dad.  All our friends and family have been hit up for babysitting since it has required baby sitters for everyone whenever I work.  I have been at my wits end on more than one occasion.  I was feeling overwhelmed before Clint got hurt with two little kids, work, and my darn health and back problems. 
  On a happier note...I think I may have gotten to the bottom of my back problems.  The answer is my tialbone!  I have been doing the acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments.  They have helped a lot but something still wasn't falling in to place.  I started researching and discovered that tailbone dysfunction fits my long list of symptoms to a T.  I am so excited to have a possible answer.  The treament part gets a little trickier.  There are no specialists or even experienced physical therapists or MDs in Montana or Wyoming.  There is a more aggresive treatment that is offered in Sacramento though.  So I may be taking a trip at some point in the near future!  We will have to see.
   What else...Clint got me a new camera for my birthday/Mother's Day.  It is a Canon Rebel EOS T1i and I LOVE it!  I have taken so many pictures that it is going to take a while before I can get them uploaded.  I have about 300 waiting for me to do something with.  The other thing keeping me going the last couple weeks is landscaping.  My mom sent me to Blake Nursery in Big Timber and I met with a landscaper who drew up house/yard plans based on my measurements and helped me draw out a plan for trees, flower beds, fire pit, porch, garage, fenced in yard, veggie garden, and playset placement!  The wind howls out here and she helped me figure out a way to get a nice dense wind break for what will one day be a great back yard.  We are going to do the work ourselves in stages mostly because I want to do the work!  I love that sort of work!  Oh, and because it will save us a ton of money. 
   We had more trees from Lawyer nursery shipped to replace the ones that had died in our tree line.  Thankfully my Mom, Grandpa, and Uncle Jeff were able to come help plant them since Clint is double casted.  Thank you!!!  They even brought a great Burr Oak tree to add to the yard.  It is a beauty!  Side note:  Burr Oaks are native to Montana, they have great uniquely textured bark, they grow slow but big, beautiful and strong, and everyone should have one!  My grandpa planted one in his front yard boulevard when I was five.  There is a picture of me standing next to it in pink short alls with a pink polka dot shirt on and me and the tree are the same size.  Needless to say the tree grew a little taller than I did.   It is a joke my Grandpa likes to tell that the tree out grew me which was hard to do when I was still growing.  I have been this tall since about 6th or 7th grade and all the boys and most of my friends were shorter than me. 
  We found a family that was selling their play house/swing set because their grand daughter had outgrown it.  We had been searching for one to get Everett for his Birthday and were super excited to find this one since the new ones are pricey!  Chaching! 
  Well there you have it...a very wordy post.  I promise that the next one will be very picturey!

No comments: