Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hello my name is Corinne...

Hello my name is Corinne and I am a blog following and DIY and organizing idea tracking -aholic.  "Hi Corinne."  It is true I am addicted.  I have always loved interior design and such.  Heck, I rearranged my room so often and in so many different configurations when I was little that it made my mom's head spin.  In highschool I even had my walls completely covered with pages out of magazines of pictures that I loved.  Seriously, my walls were wallpapered with magazine pages.  Since owning our own house it has become an addiction though.  The sad part...when you look around my house you may not be able to tell.  This is because I have so many ideas I don't know where to start.  Oh, and I also have expensive taste, but we would rather get the house paid off ASAP.  So to satify this urge to decorate I spend time on blogs and websites that inspire me and have ideas for doing it yourself or DIY.  These ideas are usually more creative, original, and cost less.  Religiously, and by religiously I mean every day, I check the YHL or http://www.younghouselove.com/ blog.  They are my favorite. 
Others I follow are;
http://thepioneerwoman.com/ (she has photography, home and garden, and cooking),
http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ (she has organizing and decorating tips), http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/ (she has photography and decorating),  http://karapaslaydesigns.blogspot.com/ (she does design and building), http://www.maillardvillemanor.com/ (she does decorating), http://www.texaschicksblogsandpics.com/ (she does photography and has actions for PSE for photo editing and does online classes for PSE), and
http://ana-white.com/ (she has the free woodworking plans that I have used several times including for making our king sized bed).
 My newest favorite site that encapsulates everything and has hundreds of easy ideas from people all over is;
http://pinterest.com/.  And it is a site built for collecting these inspirations and ideas.  In fact I have found it has helped me to organize my ideas and stream line my thought process for doing my own projects around the house.  I will slowly and inexpensively be knocking To Do things off my list! 

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Friend, try:
http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/ and http://spunkyjunky.blogspot.com/ they don't always do home decorating but they have cute ideas.