Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's a wash...

Well, I went to the Ortho doctor yesterday and again left feeling defeated and reminding myself that I shouldn't get my hopes up or depend on them to find out what is wrong.  Our medical system usually fails miserably when it comes to treating people.  In other words it is a wash.  Most medical doctors have booked schedules and don't have the time to sit down, listen, and help connect the dots.  Another frustrating thing is how each doctor specializes in his or her field and doesn't bridge the gap between their feild and another despite how the body obviously is all connected.  So we did some x-rays...only of my pelvis because I have to have a separate appointment to get him to look at my neck.  Silly, I know!  The good news is that all the bones look good.  Scratch surgery and a couple other scary things off the list of stuff to worry about.  He didn't have any good explainations of why I am having pain and actually said some stuff that made me think he is kind of a do do.  If you stop thinking like a doctor and start thinking about the mechanics of the body.  Do do.  But forward we go and I am off to get an MRI done today.  The good news in all this is that other PT I found (not the one I disliked so much) is thorough and is taking the time to work things out that are beyond my understanding.  She is looking at the mechanics of things and then breaking things down for me.  It makes perfect sense!  She may be on to something.  Keep your fingers crossed!!! 

No comments: