Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Quick" update...

I have been seeing the physical therapist for a few weeks now and I am having good improvement in my hips/pelvis.  The neck is not following suit just yet.  It is stubborn.  I went in to see Dr. Duey on Monday.  She is a Family Practice doctor that I have delivered babies with.  She is very sweet and easy to talk to.  I brought her in my notes about my symptoms, progression of things, and my PT's notes.  We are going to run a bunch of blood tests and get to the bottom on things.  A good doctor listens and doesn't pretend to know everything.  Janelle Duey is one of those and is doing some research on things for me.  I will go in and get my blood drawn tomorrow and then await results.  After my appointment with Dr. Duey on Monday I came home and started my prep for my GI scope that was scheduled Tuesday.  I knew how miserable this stuff was because I have cared for patients that had to drink it.  Despite having a previous knowledge of how this stuff works I was still surprised at how awful it was to choke down.  You have to drink an 8oz glass of this stuff every 10-20 minutes until it is gone.  ALL 4 LITRES!  It tastes like salt water and is a little thicker consistency than water.  It makes you nauseated and you have to fight the urge to throw it up after each glass.  Oh, and whoever came up with the name Go Lytley had a sense of humor because Go Urgently is a much more appropriate name.  Tuesday morning we headed in for the scope.  Admission was fine.  They took me back to the "scope" room and started to IV push in some meds.  She told me I was going to start feeling a little sleepy.  I started to say "Good.  I don't want to have any idea what you are doing or feel anything."  Lets just say I don't think I finished my sentence.  Next thing I knew I woke up with Clint next to me in a different room.  Trippy.  Apparently I asked the same few questions repeatedly.  I dosed in and out a lot.  We stopped in Lockwood to get something to eat and I threw up on the sidewalk...despite not having anything in my stomach.  Normally I would have DIED from embarrassement and for a second I was worried someone saw; but a short second later I didn't much care anymore.  That is how doped up I was.  I am sure people must have thorught I was drunk.  I ordered a sandwich in Subway but don't have any recollection of doing it aside from telling the lady that I did want jalapenos on it while I tried not to slur my speach.  I have no idea where Clint was while all this was going on.  He must have made a dash for it when I said I was nauseated and proceeded to throw up after stepping out of the car.  Maybe I should have considered someone else for a chaperone!  I scarfed my sandwich, which was a rookie mistake, because I promptly threw it all up when I got home.  How many times have I told patients that they need to eat small amounts of light food slowly after anesthesia?  Clint started a movie for me to watch while I dosed in and out some more.  We soon discovered that it was a scary movie though and I CAN'T handle scary movies.  I get nightmares.  Can you imagine the nightmares coupled with an anesthesia drunk?  Scary.  Clint went to get the kids so I turned off the scary movie and put on what I thought was a silly teen comedy.  I dosed some more and woke up to what can only be described as soft porn.  Since when does Netflix offer movies like that?  I shake my head.  Thankfully I fully woke up after that and have been able to comprehend everything since.  So there you have it.  A day in the life plus a few adventures.  I will find out biopsy results from my scope the beginning of next week and I will get blood drawn tomorrow!  Atleast I am getting some laughs out of things now!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good luck with all your test and it gets to the bottom of all your problems.