Monday, November 7, 2011

Since last time...

Since the last post I have recieved results from the biopsy done for celiac and all the labs that Dr. Duey had drawn.  Everything came back clear.  I was happy and bummed at the same time.  I am dying for answers but we were checking for some pretty scary stuff.  The fact that the celiac biopsy came back normal totally threw me because all of my symptoms look just like celiac symptoms.  I went back to researching things and discovered that more and more people are starting to present with celiac symptoms but all the tests for it are negative.  Despite not having celiac when these people cut gluten out of their diet they feel much, much better.  The only answer that has been given for this is that these people have a gluten intolerance or sensitivity.  So just over a week ago I cut gluten out of my diet.  It can take months for your body to heal if it has this sensitivity but I am already noticing improvment and have not had a bad stomach ache since I removed if from my diet.  I researched several websites and have even found it easy to avoid the stuff despite it being in so many commonly eaten foods!  I am still going to PT 3 times per week and am starting to slowly see some improvement.  My muscles have been in spasm for soooo long that we expected it to be a process.  Plus, I have to restrengthen and retrain my muscles to work the way they are suposed to so that I don't fall right back into that same shape I was in a few months ago.   

No comments: