Sunday, February 12, 2012

Slacking on the Blog Front...

            We've been busy but obviously not keeping up on the blog.  Here is a recap to get things hopefully up to snuff.  Our puppy Jack passed away a few weeks ago and we don't know why.  He started getting sick one afternoon and by the next day around 5pm he was gone.  We are baffled and it took me a while to get over.  I get attached to these dogs and it breaks my heart when we lose one.  I still have Morgan's dying breaths stuck in my head and now Jack's last longing little look at me too.  Clint found a new puppy from a ranch a few hours away though.  He is a Kelpy cross and we named him Bear...because he looks like a little bear cub all fluffy, bull legged, and docked tail.  He is so stinkin cute and I fell in love with him instantly.  He is very sweet and smart and took no time at all to potty train but he likes to hump everything from my boots to the cat.  Hopefully this is just a phase.   
           Aside from the ups and downs of doggy ownership I was busy getting my blog book together again this year and it took a while because I took so many more pictures this go around.  In other words; the new camera has been put to good use.  I use Blurb.com and the books turn out great.  They are easy to make and their editing software is easy to understand and use. 
           My Grandma is on round four of her chemo treatments and has two left to endure.  We are all waiting in limbo to find out if it will do the trick and kick this cancer's butt.  She has had a hard go of the treaments.  Grandpa has felt the force of the stress as well and found himself in the hospital yesterday too.  These days Billings is too far away from them. 
          I am still going to PT and making progress, although it is slow since so many of my joints have been affected due to the long period of time that my pelvis has been unstable.  I could "If only...." all over this part of my predicament but mainly I wish something would have been done sooner. 
         Clint and I just got back from a little two nigh get-away to Bismarck.  Clint went for a wheat growing class and I went to do nothing without kids or distractions.  I found some fun little shops, did some window shopping, drove around the town, ate out, finished reading the Hunger Games, and Clint and I even found a fun little bar with a live band to dance to.  Although Bismarck wouldn't be my first choice of places to go it was lovely.  I guess it is what you make of it. 
 We had just enough snow over one weekend to take the sled out behind the four wheeler.  Everett is old enough to have a ball with this and boy did her ever!
 Here is Bear.
 I have been trying really hard to get a good picture of the kids TOGETHER.  As you can see I haven't had much success at it yet.







 Scarlett the climber!  She climbs on EVERYTHING!  Things you would think are way to high for her to swing her leg up on are easy obstacles. 
     

No comments: