Sunday, February 26, 2012

The year of the never ending flu season...

Play-do play time and what a mess it always is.  Scarlett is especially fun since she wont keep the play-do at the table.

 Scarlett giving the camera some non-love.  She really is a sassy little thing.  Fortunately for you all she saves her especially sassy attitude for me. 
 Thats better.
 I could do an add for Wrangler in my closet!  Clint got a huge tub of never before worn shirts from a certain retired rodeo friend (who will remain nameless).  Since Clint still thinks some of his work shirts from High School have some wear left in them, he will be set for life with all these new ones.     

 The flu just keeps hitting our house.  Apparently there hasn't been enough cold weather this year to kill all the viruses out there.  Last weekend both the kids had the flu.  It was Everett's first experience with throwing up.  He was less than impressed.  The poor little guy woke up and covered his blankey, bed, teddy bear and floor in the bathroom.  Clint got to him first as he was making it into the bathroom and it is a good thing because Everett noticed some white chunks coming up and grabbed his mouth and started yelling "my teef, my teef!".  Poor thing.  He was okay once Daddy reassured him that it wasn't his teeth.  Scarlett came down with it the next day.  I was at work the whole weekend so Clint played SUPER DAD and was home taking care of the sick babies.  In fact he is only one that hasn't gotten really sick from all the bugs.  I have had it four, count it, four times;  plus once with a soar throat that took me down a notch for a couple days.  Scarlett has had it twice and Everett twice as well.  Last night Everett was burning with the highest fever I have ever seen him have. 

We all have spring fever and are ready to get outside and play.  I have been working on my landscaping and flower bed plans and have things fine tuned now.  This includes our where we want to put the garage some day, deck, and breezeway that will be the mud room.  Our current laundry room/mud room will be turned back into a bedroom like it originally was on the house plans.  I have been saving my pennies for either a new couch or trees for the yard.  Since the trees will need years to grow I will probably buy them first.  Plus it will give Scarlett a little more time to learn to take care of things so the new couch doesn't get trashed. 

In the mean time we have been working on projects around the house.  I have been doing pinterest inspired projects on the cheap and Clint has been working on sheet rocking the family room downstairs.  The ceiling is all done.  Today we are doing the walls.  We plan on sheet rocking the hallway and spare bedroom then paying someone to come in and tape and texture all three spots.

Here is my barn wood gate turned coat rack that was found out in the feild next to our house.  I found the cute metal flower above it (that is really hard to see in the picture) in an awesome shop in Bismarck.  And the two pictures are ones I took.  They need frames or matting or something still but I haven't decided yet.
 Here is the entryway now with the secretary desk that my Grandpa made and wanted to clear out of their house!  I fits perfectly and now holds all the present wrapping, kid coloring, and mama project supplies.

 I used frames that I had or frames from Good Will to make a photo collage in the hallway.  I spray painted them all white. 


  I needed a little work station by the kitched because my counter top was always a cluttered mess.  I still need to hang my bin for the outgoing mail which fits right in below the calendar, but you get the idea.  I found the cork board on sale at Hobby Lobby.  The calendar is this years ICR calendar that I have made the last few years with my pictures from around the ranch.  I made the pen holder out of scrap wood, scrapbook paper, modge podge, mason jars, and pipe clamps. 

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Those are some great projects Rinner. You've got some talent!

Cassidy said...

You are AMAZING!!! I love love love it!!! Can't wait to see you on Thursday my friend!!!