Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Few Months at a Glance...

I have been studying for my RNC or to become and certified RN in Inpatient Obstetrics.  I took my test on March 1st and passed.  I am so relieved and happy to be done with that hurdle.  I got a nice little raise out of it too!
Clint and I at the Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame Benefit

Scarlett being pulled behind the 4 wheeler.



Sledding at Grandma and Grandpa's house



Everett showing off his marshmellow

Impromptu fire pit night.  It was so much fun!



Shooting with the kids isn't quite as much fun as shooting with out them but they love to go and how can you say "No" to this face!

 
Everett has "his" 22 rifle to shoot so Scarlett needed to bring her own guns too. 

Clint and Everett have been reloading multiple times a day because Everett is constantly asking to reload.  He has developed quite a taste for it and will be following in his Daddy's footsteps I suspect.

I can't get my kids to eat veggies when I cook them and serve them with dinner but if I am chopping them up I need to plan on chopping twice as many as my recipe calls for because I can't keep the kids out of them.  Go figure.


I have been getting Bountiful Basket the last few weeks and got this strange looking thing in one of the baskets.  I never did figure out what it was and wasn't brave enough to try it. 


Scarlett's best impression of Rainbow Bright.


Calving season for the Heiffers is under way!

This is what a grain bin looks like when a pickup truck tries to tango with it.  Thankfully it wasn't our truck.

Scarlett showing Clint how to unroll the hay bail.





 
The other day while we were in the Metra at the Home Improvement show a whopper of a storm started.  We had lightning, winds that about lifted me off my feet while I was carrying Scarlett, and white out blizzards.  Thankfully we had to exit the interstate at Pryor Creek to stop and pick up Everett otherwise we would have been caught on the interstate during a complete white out.  As it was we were driving from Mike and Debbie's house to ours which normally takes about 15 minutes.  That day it took about 40 minutes because we had to completely stop multiple times because we couldn't see the road in front of us at all and the wind was either pushing us or we were hydroplaning on the slush.

This little beauty is our new project.  In about 20 years it will look snazzy.


No comments: