Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A few things...

Everett came up from downstairs...he was busy reloading with Clint.  While they were busy I was cleaning and just happened to rearrange the living room.  Again.  When Everett saw it he said "Holy my smokesy".  It was the cutest thing. 

Scarlett and I embarked on potty training last week.  We had a lot of wet accidents the first day and none the second.  On the third day the only accident was when she tried to pull her pants down and pee outside without any help but had her Bog boots on which inhibited her pants from making it down and out of the way.  Not to mention the length of ther legs.

Mike and Clint have been busy spraying and seeding.  I have been helping check heiffers since there are still some left to calve.  I can actually recognize the signs and tell when they are getting started!  I actually feel helpful.  I even tagged a calf all by myself the other day and also rolled out a bail of hay one night.

We found a new daycare that we like much better.  There was a shady looking character at the last one when I showed up early and unexpectedly the other day.  I had red flags going off left and right and started looking for a new place.  I was stressing for about a week but found one that I think will be a good place!  It is handy being in Worden, the kids like it better, she does preschool stuff, the kids will be going there with kids they will be going to school with, and she does a healthy meal program.

Everett went to his first day of kindergarten today.  It was a practice day.  We told the teacher that we weren't sure if we were going to send him next year or the year after that and asked him to see what he thought.  Everett, being a July baby, will either be young or old for his grade depending on which year we send him and we have been on the fence trying to decide.  He was so cute this morning when I dropped him off.  He was so excited!  I was a little torn being excited for him and a little sad.  The teacher says he is ready when I showed up to pick him and he came out with work sheets where he had been adding numbers and writing them.  I was impressed!  So not that we are totally decided but that is a point for sending him next year.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

They are growing up so fast!!