Monday, July 15, 2013

Catch up...

Working with a set schedule has been amazing.  Eventhough I work four days a week I may get more done because I have to be more efficient with my time.  But the blog, it has been pushed to the back burner.  So this will ba an overload of pictures again.  To catch things up; I got a new car.  The subaru left me crippled with short drives and I drive long distance a lot.  I tried to just gut it out but it wasn't doable despite all my progress with injections and PT.  Being set down low in a vehicle and the fact that it had a very touchy clutch in it was to much. We found a good deal on a Mitsubishi Endeavor that has low miles and we were able to trade in the Subaru for a desceant price!  The Mitsubishi is so much more comfortable, drives amazing, has AWD, has lots of room inside, and gets descent gas mileage for an SUV.  I love it and hopefully this third times a charm thing works out and I won't be in the market for a car a new car until this ones wheels fall off. 

I am still loving my new job.  I am starting to feel like I know what I am doing with some surgeries and that makes the days much smoother.  The kids are still loving their daycare which has made this transition so much better.  If it hadn't been for that it would have made this transition a terrible load of guilt and ruined it.  Everett is going to start kindergarten in the fall with a couple friends he has made at daycare and he is pretty excited about it.  Everett turned five a few days ago and is quite proud. We got a kitten from Christy and his name is "Five".   He is a very sweet kitten and Everett and Scarlett have been getting lots of practice not teasing and figuring out when the kitten has had enough love from them. 

Clint and I have been working on the yard a lot and I am pretty excited at how things are turning out.  We still have a lot of plans that are only half done or not started at all but that is the fun of it right?  (I have to keep reminding myself that!)  I will get some before and after pictures up soon to show the progress.

I had a friend that I grew up with pass away on the 22nd of June.  He was only 32.  Shanen will be missed by many and I pray he will rest in peace.  My mom and I went back for the memorail service and we hiked to an amazing spot that his siblings picked out where we scattered his ashes and said good bye.  We were able to see many people that we haven't seen in years.  I am so sad that all these people that I used to see all the time have become people I haven't seen in probably 10 years.  And it is even worse that a situation like this is what brings us all back together. 
We went camping at Daley's Lake over Memorial Day weekend with my cousin, Emily, and her kids and a few of their friends.  We had a great time although I froze to death and reaffirmed my distaste of tent camping.  As we were driving away Everett said "that was the best vacation ever!!"  So I may have to tough it again for my little man; this time with a warmer sleeping bag.







 

 My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in June and we all went to Big Timber for dinner at The Grand and then went to play in their amazing park.  They have the best set up there!  Livingston has a similar fort for kids to play on and I am trying to figure out why Billings doesn't have one? 




 Gram even took a turn on the swing!










 
 










There is a street in Big Timber named Everett St. so we had to stop for a picture.  I really wanted to steal the sign but Clint convinced me it was harder than it might look and we should just stick with the picture. 
 Cousins time!

 My dad also came to visit in June.  The kids had a blast cathing up with him and Molly.  I was able to spend some time with them although not as much as I had originally been planning since I started the new job with more hours. 







 Everett's birthday party was fun in the water again this year.  What else are you going to do on the 11th of July when it is hot, hot, hot!
 
Everett's cake this year was super easy and turned out super cute.  I just did a chocolate sheet cake and cut up different candy bars, added a tractor and vwala!  Everett thought it was awesome and he got to help put it together.





 As always, Grandpa Mike's water slide was a hit.  I am not sure what I am going to do for birthday parties if something happens to this thing!


 Baby Joy partied a little to hard with the big kids.
The next pictures are from my phone so a few of them go back a ways!
 Scarlett and I messin around.






 The jimmy all torn apart!  It runs now but has lots of love left to take!


 Everett is old enough to help with bottle calves now.  They can be a big agressive at times trying to get some milk.


 Scarlett is still IN LOVE with Boone.

A picture back from our potty training day.





 

 Everett on the morning of his visit day to kindergarten.  I can't beleive it is that time already.





 The sucker boquet for Grandpa Mike.


 
Buggy rides with Uncle Dick.






My Rose Tree of China all in bloom this spring.
 Groskopff border collie puppies.





 This is a picture of my friend Kate's calendar!  It was written by Dan on the day after their baby's due date and it says 8am to hospital, 9am baby, 3pm head home.  I about died of laughter when I read this.  The best part is that Dan really thought they would get to head home the same day!  I informed him he was looking at atleast 24hrs! 
 Joy Elizabeth Mortenson was born on June 13th!  I got to be Kate's nurse and she did awesome.  She is a tough mama.
 Gwynn showing off the bloomers she proudly bought Linda as a very patriotic joke.
 
 

No comments: