Friday, June 25, 2010

Grass Jungle...

Ouu three bottle babies. Kicker, Jojo and Chester. Kicker got his name because he was a wild bum calf. I said I wanted the bottle babies so it was left to me to feed him for the first time. Anyone who has fed bottle calves knows that the first feedings may not always go smoothly. This calf kicked the crap out of my left shin, knee, and ankle on two separate occasions while I tried to wrestle him into the corner to shove the bottle in his mouth. He calmed pretty quick after he realized I brought good stuff though.
Mama's belly shouldn't get all the attention.

Morgan trying to fit on Alexa's bed.

Can you see the toe head? I am right next to his hiding place in the above picture. I was pulling weeds from around the trees in our windbreak and Everett was gone all of a sudden. I started working my way around the house since he doesn't usually go far...this time there was no sign of him though. I started to call for him which of course didn't get a response, let-alone a response like "here I am mama." So I continued to search in the last area he was seen. We have tall alfalfa and pasture grass covering part of our property that Everett likes to follow the cats out into but usually I can track his blond hair through the green. This time he had decided to sit right down in the feild and make himself slightly more inconspicuous.





We had a ton of fun playing peek-a-boo with the camera! I just wish I had a faster shutter; I missed so many great faces.

No comments: