Wednesday, September 7, 2011
You want me to do what?
So, my father-in-law and a certain Anty have asked me to take some pictures for them. Flattered...Ummm YEAH! It was also a good excuse and some great motivation to get after shooting in full manual. I could do so much more with my pictures but this would require some brushing up on settings and a fair amount of reading on a trusy blog. The Pioneer Woman. I get along with her so well for a whole lot of reasons. She lives on a working cattle ranch, she likes to take pictures, she grew up in town, and her stories are so entertaining and make me laugh...did I mention that this friendship is one sided and she has no idea I even exist. I suppose I shouldn't take it personally. Anyways, back to the reading. She has great tutorials on Aperature, ISO, Shutter speed, and a slew of other tricks to the trade. So when the husband and I went out for a walk with the kids tonight and after I had crammed my brain until I could cram no more, I needed to apply the stuff...easier said than done. The words "oh, bugger" and "what the heck" may have escaped my mouth a few times and of course I blamed the camera. The most frustrating part is that I am so slow to get things to where I want them and by the time I do the subject has moved or what I saw has changed. Sigh. (Internal voice preaching away; Practice, practice, practice, must get better, kids move fast and horses are curious when you crouch down around them to get a shot!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment