I will start with the bad news so that this post can end on a good note. Are you sitting down? Yesterday we went to Bozeman. Yesterday we sat in an Oncology Doctor's office and learned that my Grandma has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Yesterday we learned what the options are. Yesterday a piece of our hearts broke inside. The doctor told us it is stage II which is good because that means that the tests that have been done so far show that is hasn't spread. She will be undergoing two more tests next week to see if it gets to stay a stage II. If it stays then chemotherapy is a good option, although, she does have a few co-morbidity and her age working against her. Chemotherapy will take its toll.
I have spent a lot of time with my Grandma over the years. Mom and I used to go over for dinner A LOT. She and Grandpa used to watch me after school while my mom worked. She used to make clothes for all my dolls and took my to the Salvation Army's Doll Tea every year. She used to read me books and rock me in the big green chair. She and I used to make cookies together and she even let me have small bites of the the dough. I have pictures of her sitting in the bathroom with me reading me books while I was being potty trained. She has disciplined me but she has always had the best tight squishy hugs. I remember living with her and Grandpa after we moved back from Canada. I remember kicking and screaming and refusing to leave when we were going back to Canada. She always had cookies and hidden ones in the freezer. I used to steal one or two. I remember her fresh, clean, white sheets always got hung up outside on the line. They smelled so fresh and were so crisp. I remember all the times we went to the Bozeman Hot Springs when it was just a dingy hole in the wall.
Cherish the ones that you love and tell them you love them. We all have to leave some day and we never know when that day will be. I hope I have many more memories to record with this very special lady!
The good news. My hips are even again. My left leg was a full inch shorter than my right. I had three PTs tell me they thought it was just the way I was born. Sari re-evaluated my hips and my legs a couple days ago and they are even!! My IT bands were so tight that my left leg had been pulled shorter while my body tried to compensate for the left side of my pelvis. Sari also took a look at my shoulders thinking that they may have something to do with my neck problems. She was right! My muscles under my shoulder blades were so spasmed and knotted that my shoulder blades couldn't move properly and my neck was compensating. My left shoulder is way worse than my right so all the shoulder problems are probably related to the pelvic problems too. Moral of the story...don't ignore your body. If something is wrong get it checked out and if what one person says doesn't sound right then get a second opinion! I highly recommend physical therapists for musculoskeletal problems; backs, necks, knees, joints, etc. They have as much training as an MD but they are trained differently and can do so much more with out invasive surgeries or lots of drugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment