Monday, June 11, 2012
Tonsillectomy...
I got my tonsils out last Wednesday! Good riddence. Apparently when Dr. Kennedy grabbed them with her tool puss came out. Yumm...I use that term loosely, obviously. They were also full of "tonsil rocks" and so grody that Dr. Kennedy called people over to look at them. These bad boys are the reason for my stomach problems. You ask how? When I was young I had strep throat multiple times a year for several years. That is right, actual swabs of the throat, documented cases of strep throat and I am talking five or more times a year for about three years. Each time I got strep I got another dose of antibiotics. Each dose of antibiotics wiped out my stomach's normal flora and since I had so many doses in such close succession I can only imagine my stomach was in pretty bad shape. It was miserable back then. The doctors said that they thought I was a carrier I got it so much. Apparently they also adviced my mom NOT to have my tonsils removed. I have no rationale for this however and wish they would have taken them out back then. I am sitting on the couch right now, five days post-op and let me tell you that the rumors of having your tonsils out as an adult being less than fun, are true. Percocet it lovely however it makes me very tired and spacey. My throat looks like it has two Grand Canyons in the back of it and anything I eat likes to get stuck there. The swelling is not a laughing matter and my ears hurt...pressure and I can feel my heart beat in them. The good news; everyone has told me that is it all worth it in the end! I can't wait. My body has basically been fighting a chronic infection everyday and night for that last umteen years so that will be good to give it a rest. I will have pictures soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment