Monday, August 27, 2012

Are you ready...

for a photo overload?  I have the bare minimum basics figured out on Adobe Lightroom finally and now some serious updating to do.  That's right; just because I haven't been posting pictures doesn't mean I haven't been taking oodles and oodles of them.  In fact to actually get this post posted it will probably take a loooong time.
      It has been a busy summer, and very hot and dry.  I am ready for fall but the last weather report I heard was predicting triple digits this week.  All I can do is water, water, and water some more, hoping that our little trees survive!  I have also been washing my car hoping that maybe that will tempt it to rain.  No luck.  I did a rain dance a few times.  Nothing.  So I water some more.
     My hips and pelvis are getting stronger.  S.L.O.W.L.Y but surely.  I am going to PT and craniosacral once a week.  Sounds like a lot but it beats three times a week!  I am fully recovered from my tonsillectomy now and haven't been sick since I got them taken out despite several people around me being sick.  This includes my kids which I manage to swap mucous and spit with on a regular basis.  Yuck.  This summer I have experienced my very first summer without allergies.  I haven't had to get shots twice a week or anything either.  Lets just say Dr. Beeson kicks some serious Naturopathic A$$ and I will love her long time!  I have taken a pill twice a day and placed five drops of liquid under my tongue twice a day.  POOF, allergies are gone!  My belly is on the same track as my hips and getting better S.L.O.W.L.Y.  It would probably get better faster if I was more diligent about eating healthier and getting in all my veggies.  I am going to make a salad now.  I can eat wheat and gluten again but still need to avoid eating much dairy.  Progress, glorious progress.
       So without further ado, here are the pictures!

 Yes, I figured out how to put a watermark on my pictures.  Schmancy huh?  Corinne Hammond Photography has a nice ring to it.
 We went to the Mack Branding in Lewistown and I got to spend some quality time with my friend Christine.


 I found a leather with nail head trim couch on Craigs List and snached it up! 



 Branding on Indian Creek Ranch.













 Sterling dragging a calf.






 We have been making some progress on the house outside this year.  We planted several more trees in the yard and I trenched in these timbers for the "berm" above.  I plan to cover it with larger rocks and plant some different things in between the rocks. 












 Scarlett loves to swing. 
 I will be an amazing thing when she learns to pump because when you aren't pushing her constantly she pouts.

 We had a late wet snow that was a little hard on the trees.  Thankfully when I shook them out they righted themselves.
 Bear the dog is growing up fast.  He is a very sweet dog but still a pest and likes to chew things up.







 Scarlett is horse crazy as ever but a bit to young to really ride.  Everett isn't too interested yet so we lent Buttercup to a friend of ours that has a little girl just older than Everett.  She is getting lots of attention and has free reign of the yard to mow it.
 We moved the sand box to around the playhouse and increased it's size.  We filled it with good sand that a friend got us from a golf course nearby.  We put the wind fence up to keep the sand in the box and out of the grass.






Cousin Bella

 My cousin had an awful experience recently.  To respect her privacy I won't divulge any details.  I was able to fly to Sacramento to be with her though and it was a life altering experience for me.  I will always cherish the closeness we all gained.  My heart breaks for them and I hope and pray they have nothing but bright, happy endings in their future.  I love you guys!



 The above photo was taken alongside one of our dirt roads.  It is the reason I don't have too much interest in running anymore.
 We had a family BBQ at my aunt's cabin.  Everett is shoving ice cubes down Grunkle Jeff's shirt.  Don't feel too sorry for him it was a bit of a two way street.
 Taste testing Ruth's home made ice cream.  In case you might be worried, it passed the test.



 Cousin Trev showing Everett "fishin".  Everett is dying to catch a fish but he doesn't fully understand what all this involves.  We will have to find someone with the equipment so we can take him real time fishing.







 My dad and his wife Molly came to visit this summer. 



 Camp Runamuck Plunge. 
 Everett is still full steam into buckin bulls and not shy to ask if he can ride on your back.  My dad modified this routine to his knees and Everett loved it.

 We have had several fires near the ranch so far this year.  This shot I took out our back sliding door.  It was just a hillside over on the neighbors ranch.  We have been very lucky.  Knock on wood.


 This picture depicts what happens when Scarlett gets to go with Clint.

 Homesteader Days Parade.  We had so much candy it would have lasted us for years.  Unfortunately for the kids it was also extremely hot out and everything melted into a big 'ol mish mash in the bags. 

 They had a mini ferris wheel that Everett and Colter Hash rode on together.  Everett thought it was awesome...at first.




 Everett turned four this July 11th and I made bull cupcakes with truck and trailer included.


 Kisses for cousin Trev above and the raw unedited excitement when Everett opened his scope gun.






     So there you have it, 112 pictures in one post.  Hopefully this makes up for the lack of posts the last few months!  I do solemnly swear not to go so long without any posts again.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Glad there was a lot of pictures. Your babies are getting so big!